Sunday, May 25, 2008

Church BBQ

Yesterday we had our church's annual Memorial Day picnic. They had other people be official event photographers but I had the opportunity to borrow Joe our senior pastor's zoom lens. A L series 75-200. It was nice to play around with it at our annual Memorial Day all church BBQ. It has been offered to me to take to Africa to use especially on our safari trip. It is a very heavy lens but would be nice to have on that part of our trip. So here are a few of the pictures I took with the lens. Unfortunately these guys saw me taking a picture of them!

I was able to catch our neighbor Ruben enjoying a snow cone without me seeing him.

Nice to catch from a distance Vicky (one of our volunteers) talking to a kid. He's from Kids Club at Canoas Elementary.
Here is Cynthia waiting for her turn on the big slide.

This was a huge big bouncy slide. Stacy was caught enjoying her trip down.

Here is Cynthia enjoying her turn finally going down.

And Jasmin too.
Here is the owner of the lens I borrowed, our Senior Pastor, Joe taking his turn on the mechanical bull.
We had quite a few of our neighbors from Farm Drive come to the BBQ. We invited them to come and enjoy the BBQ and other fun activities that were planned.

Community.

There is that word again.









No comments: