Monday, April 28, 2008

What a weekend! (Part 2 -Sunday)



I have not figured out how to place these videos. But this will do. Maria brought over her little new puppy so above is a little video of Cosita and Cosmo. Cosita kept chasing Cosmo and trying to bite his tail...very funny! We were just hanging around the front lawn chillin. After church, 3 kids and myself rode our bikes over to a couple's house from church whose dog had taken off after another dog attacked it. It's been missing for almost 2 weeks so we decided to go out and help search for the dog. Part of being a part of a community. Then we came back and were just hangin around.

It was a warm day so we turned on a sprinkler for the kids to run through. Later in the evening we decided to play soccer with the some of the older kids and family members. Had not done that for awhile so that was fun. I had other events I needed to be at Sunday night but this to me was a bigger priority.


Community. That word kept coming back to me over and over this past week.

Community where I live. The church community. Work community.

We as Americans tend to stay secluded in our big houses and live individual lives. God did not make us that way. We were created to be a part of a community. To be involved with other people and when possible, their lives. Sure beats loneliness.

No comments: