Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Birthday Party

On Saturday the 26 of January, we had a celebration of my (Pete's) 50th Birthday Party. We invited a few of our friends plus the kids in the neighborhood. Below a few play dodgeball.


I had to prove to myself that I could keep up with the older boys so I played soccer with them for about 2 hours before my party started. We won.

These two girls are sisters and live across the driveway from Patty and I.


A few guy friends ...


One of the fathers in the hood volunteered to cook up some food. He did Barbacoa. It's meat cooked in it's own juices. It was excellent! Our next door neighbor cooked some spanish rice too. Also delicious! I thought their food made my day a very special one to remember. We used the downstairs apartment (Farm Drive's main room) for the food.


Heavy rain was forecasted for that night. It was a nice warm day and the rain held off till the party was over. Yay! Below are some very special girl-friends!

We were able to use both the downstairs apartment and the outside play area. Since the rain held off and it was fairly nice outside, we were able to be outside also. Even had our firepit going.

It was a a very special party and it meant a lot to me to have so many friends, both old and new share this day with me! Thank you to all who helped and those who attended.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Pete!