Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Body Worlds 2

Non stop fun. Patty and I took 2 older kids from the neighborhood and met Brent and Sarah at the Tech Museum and looked at dead bodies.
This was really quite an interesting exhibit. I asked everyone what was their favorite part and most said seeing the different fetus' on display. Everything on display was real. Not fabricated plastic or rubber manekins but real people that were preserved in a process called plastination.
I liked the part of the human lungs. They had one healthy, next to that one was a smokers lung, and the last one belonged to a worker in a coal mine. Pretty amazing the differences. Every kid should see that if they ever consider smoking!
But something also struck me as I walked through. There were probably a lot of people at the museum that thought these crazy, wonderful bodies we were looking at were an evolved accident! This is too intricate of a machine to me to just "happen" or "evolve". I believe we were created by a pretty amazing God.


No comments: